Vision2020: The Horizon Network is a global platform to allow research organisations and companies to participate effectively in the 'Horizon 2020' European funding programme. Horizon 2020 will run from 2014 to 2020 and will be allocated a €79 billion budget to fund thousands of research & innovation projects across many sectors.
Vision2020 acts as a hub linking excellent Horizon 2020 participants from universities, research organisations, SMEs and corporates, and works to maximise the value and funding its members obtain from Horizon 2020.
Key Upcoming Events:
See the events page for full details.
Vision2020: The Horizon Network:
Vision2020 is a collaboration platform for European research organisations and companies wishing to participate in Horizon 2020. Vision2020 has:
- Communities of researchers and companies that collaborate together in "clusters". These clusters are groups of member organisations, organised in a way that mirrors the structure of Horizon 2020. Each cluster will contribute towards the Horizon 2020 agenda and will be used as a platform for forming consortia and launching successful proposals;
- A group of European research and innovation specialists forming a "policy hub". This policy hub is a credible group of experts that discuss and advise on Horizon 2020 matters at both the policy and programme level;
- Events and platforms encouraging small to medium sized enterprises and 'blue chip' companies to connect and collaborate with world-leading research organisations.
By connecting research and innovation actors across these different sectors Vision2020 will facilitate the formation of stronger project consortia and more successful proposals, in response to Horizon 2020's focus on cross-sector collaboration.
The research and technology (RTO) organisations participating as members of Vision2020: The Horizon Network are a select group of excellent organisations that are active in European research & innovation. Our SME membership, on the other hand, is completely open and available to any small to medium sized company seeking Horizon 2020 collaboration.
Vision2020's RTO members are:
- Bar-Ilan University - Israel
- Boğaziçi University - Turkey
- Cardiff University - UK
- CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research - Switzerland
- Centrale-Supélec - France
- University College Cork - Ireland
- University of Cyprus - Cyprus
- Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft) - Netherlands
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU) - Denmark
- Trinity College Dublin - Ireland
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH Zurich) - Switzerland
- Fraunhofer IWU - Germany
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main - Germany
- Helsingin yliopisto (University of Helsinki) - Finland
- King's College London - UK
- Københavns Universitet - Denmark
- Lancaster University - UK
- Leitat Technological Center - Spain
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven - Belgium
- University of Leeds - UK
- Univerza v Ljubljani - Slovenia
- University College London (UCL) - UK
- Université catholique de Louvain - Belgium
- Lunds universitet - Sweden
- Université du Luxembourg - Luxembourg
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid - Spain
- University of Manchester - UK
- Middle East Technical University - Turkey
- Politecnico di Milano - Italy
- Universita' degli Studi di Milano - Italy
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München - Germany
- Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU) - Norway
- Universidade do Porto - Portugal
- Universitätsallianz Metropole Ruhr (UAMR) - Germany
- Uniwersytet Warszawski - Poland
- Universität Zürich - Switzerland